August 6, 2008

My Cosplay Costume - Day 1: Hello Again Blogosphere, Goodbye P29.50

Last night, I had this radical idea of documenting how I'm going to come up with my cosplay costume for our upcoming company general assembly 10 days from now. I don't know but it just struck me, maybe I just missed my days as a student where I got to make art projects for myself and also for my classmates...and crushes (eyes rolling) to impress them (ahhh the good old days) or maybe I'm writing it down because this project is for my first ever cosplay event and for it to become memorable, I decided to make a reality tv-like approach on the steps I'll take on making my gear for the event. Also, this probably would bring my mojo back for blogging, it left me three months ago, making a day-to-day account of something I lurve to do, which is art, surely is a great way of reigniting my passion of writing for the blogosphere.

First off, let me talk about our company's general assembly. Prior to this one, it is held monthly on the rooftop of the building where our office is located, now it's scheduled as a quarterly event wherein all employees gather to hear updates from all departments, know the company's present state and future projects, witness the hidden talents of colleagues, and devour, of course on the food, whether it's the monotonous bread with meat stuffing from the nearby bakeshop or the always inviting merienda treats (afternoon snack) as what we call it here in our humble country. The only difference right now is that aside from the fact that some are eager on showcasing their talents (calling out my colleagues, who wants to participate in a dance number?), it will now be held on a prestigious hotel in the city, unless there are changes on the program proper. Most of all, we are looking forward on what costumes to flaunt for the event, simple or daring, cheap or pricey, we are excited for this is certainly new to us, that's why we are pumped up, so pumped up that there is already a Google search spree in the office for costumes of anime and cartoon characters, superheroes, and hopefully, scantily-clad femmes and hopefully not, topless green creatures (Sor, I'm talking about you). The rewarding thing is there's a grand prize for the best costume as well as consolation for runner-ups but there's a catch, they were not disclosed - Everyone, scream "WE WANT 5 DIGITS!!!". Sir Jeeds, I hope you're reading this hehehe.

I demand a date with Tanduay's calendar girl Ehra Madrigal for the advertisement.

I will now start writing about my costume. See that image on my monitor, that's what I'm going to make - uh uh uh...of course I won't reveal the costume I'll be wearing, much more show to you in full detail the "character" I picked for the event. There will be hints along the way, I can't avoid that but I assure that you're going to have a hard time figuring it out, I don't want to kill the suspense you know. I will also record the items I will use and their prices as well so I could keep track of my expenses. Yesterday I bought:

It's not what you think it is

2 balloons (7.50 each) = 15.00
1 pack 2-ply bathroom tissue = 14.50
DAY 1 TOTAL EXPENSES = PHP 29.50

That's it for now. I'll be leaving in a short while to avail additional raw materials. Supposedly, I should have been busy making the "head gear" but I did not notice that I ran out of glue, bummer...so I guess it has to wait for another day. Thanks a lot to Nana for keeping me company. Till then, ciao!

0 comments: