August 13, 2008

My Cosplay Costume - Day 9 : It's a Family Affair

3 more days before our company General Assembly and Cosplay Contest.

3 more golds for Michael Phelps to surpass Mark Spitz's Olympic record of 7.

As headstart, I got up at 5:30 am to continue on my costume. I immediately jumped on the working table then did detail painting on my "upper body suit" while watching the live Beijing 2008 coverage. Keeping me entertained while I go on the tiring feat of finishing my costume before Saturday were the basketball match between China and Spain and the much-awaited finals of the Men's 200 meter Butterfly and the 4 x 200 Freestyle Relay, both featured the American swimming sensation, Michael Phelps. His quest for history energized me and amazingly, did the same to my mom and my brothers for they helped me make my costume. My mom already lent her hand yesterday after asking her to do the sewing (I don't have the patience for it) then this morning, two of my brothers gave assistance in making the props. It's a great relief, thus easing my burden as crunch time nears.

My decision not to disclose my costume prior to the event is intended to dissent from the usual for most of my colleagues already revealed the characters they are portraying and some preferred confusion by giving different answers when asked. For a change, I chose to make it top secret as possible...ei, surprises are always fun.

What I can offer are teasers, which are featured below:

0 comments: