August 7, 2008

My Cosplay Costume - Day 3: One Laaazzyyy Thursday Morning and The Space Sheriff

"It's why I'm easy...easy like Thursday mornin'..."

(yawn) The sloth disease hit me after waking up, all my muscles are unwilling to do anything except for my usual hygiene rituals, drink a cup of coffee while having a chit-chat with my folks, and sit infront of my PC. The only significant thing I did was making a call to a very special person (wink). Supposedly, I'll be making the "head gear" for my costume but I feel so laaazzzyyy plus I have a cough, which I just noticed this morning and I'm a bit feverish, probably caused by the messed up weather in our city.

Well, the good thing is, despite my condition, I feel like writing so I'll just talk for the meantime about my previous ideas for the event's costume. Well, they somehow failed to make it as my final choice but still, they are worthy of discussion and like pageants, there is a sole winner and there are runner-ups, which will be presented shortly.

Here is the first one that came across my mind:

1. Shaider

Pros:
  • Shaider looks cool.
  • If worn, the tokusatsu and metal hero legend would easily be recognized by some of my colleagues who caught the airing of the show.
Cons:
  • The laser blade-wielding space sheriff is not an anime character (it was not stated before that costumes shouldn't be necessarily anime characters, which is the main theme for the cosplay)
  • If worn, those who haven't seen his adventures on TV might mistake me for Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan, the lame Philippine spin-off of the series (toinkz). That would be embarrassing.
  • Get sucked by the Time Space Warp. (lolz)
The Challenge:
  • The suit is obviously a great challenge plus to make it more convincing, my plan was to use LEDs for the armor.
  • Too many colors (paint is expensive).
  • It would be great to have someone dress up as Annie, the space sheriff's sidekick (in her miniskirts, of course weee).
  • Imitating his pre-battle poses.
The Verdict:
  • Failed. Not entirely due to the difficulty of making the armor but it's more on the fear of being ridiculed as Zaido that sealed the fate of the popular tokusatsu superhero.
I still don't have the juice of getting my hands on the project but well, I think I'm ahead of schedule so I have all the time to feature the rest of the runner-ups. Stay tuned. (yawn)

0 comments: