August 7, 2008

My Cosplay Costume - Day 3 (cont.): Japan's First Ever Cartoon Ambassador

I came to the office a bit early so having few minutes to spare, I'll continue on the list of my costume runner-ups.

Next is none other than everyone's favorite cat...

2. Doraemon

Pros:

  • The idea is a sure click since everyone knows Doraemon.
  • The costume could come handy as a source of income since I can entertain kids on birthday parties. (hahaha)
Cons:
  • I don't know where to find the fabric to use for the costume.
  • I'm no expert in sewing and hiring a tailor is a financial catastrophe.
  • Looking like this guy...
The Challenge:
  • Making the humongous round head will be very difficult.
  • Having the guts of pulling-off a Doraemon cosplay costume.
  • People will be asking where Nobita is. (lolz)
The Verdict:
  • Failed. I think it is just too complicated, well the idea of using it as a source of income by acting as a mascot is fun and tempting but based on experience, I don't wanna get sucker-punched by brats on my jewels.
It is just now that I knew this furry robo-cat from the future is Japan's first ever anime ambassador. Who would have thought that the mischievous robot feline, the brain child of cartoonist Fujiko F. Fujio, will be representing the Land of the Rising Sun's world of animation, amazing isn't it?

Congratulations, Doraemon!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

haha the Doraemon cosplay is great. the mascot made very well.