August 16, 2008

My Cosplay Costume - Day 12: Final Episode

Our General Assembly and Cosplay Contest just concluded this evening and I must say that it was a total blast. We all enjoyed the theme of the program and jammed to the beat of our very own Sticky Bandits who played popular tunes from animes Bleach and Naruto.

I congratulate my friend Raffy M., who played V for Vendetta, for bagging the Best Costume Award.

But the recognition should go to everybody, for pouring their hearts out into this event, for sewing and gluing their way to attain the appearance of their favorite anime, cartoon, and silver screen characters, and most importantly, for showcasing the designers and artists in them.

I didn't go home empty-handed, for I'm one of the three finalists who were given consolation prizes.

Not bad.

Next in line for me? Probably rest, play video games, rest, play video games, rest, play video games, and rest while watching the coverage of the Beijing Olympics.

I deserve it. Having exhausted almost PHP 900.00 for my cosplay costume and spent 6 hours in the morning and 2 hours when I get home after work in the evening for 11 1/2 days, not even my birthday got spared, so there's no one in this world right now who deserves a rest more than I do.


And as for my costume, I'll preserve the helmet and the wrist blades in a glass encasement as testament of my hardwork and my love for art.


This is it, I am now ending this series of posts. I thank everyone who followed it, who curiously and persistently asked me what I'm going to wear, who lauded my costume, and who rooted for me.

Thank you guys and...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Anth. We all do deserve the applause (and the rest). In my end, the hardest part was not the making in the costume, but is still to come. In the office battlefield where the 3 Musketeers (will tell you about who) will rip me to shreds coz of my paw haircut. hahaha... Well, we do look good in all those costumes. ;) Pretty well made. I was assuming that it would be you and Raffy who would fight it out and I wasn't mistaken in my assessment. ;) Hopefully there will be another cosplay party next time (and I hope to God that the admins will tell us earlier, like maybe a month) and we will yet again feel like our characters. ;)

amidalea said...

*clap *clap *clap
ay laveeet...weeeener! even if i had to do some research kung kinsa na imo cos(mic)play character! lol

Anonymous said...

there's a big chance this will happen again next year ^^ i loved the costumes...