August 7, 2008

My Cosplay Costume - Day 3 (cont.): The Master of Santōryū

As my favorite of favorite anime characters, the master of the three-sword style is automatically one of my top choices for the cosplay. I present you the green-haired, sense of direction-lacking, and hypersomniac swordsman of the Strawhat Crew...

3. Roronoa Zoro


Pros:

  • It is an honor to don the get-up of my favorite anime character, Roronoa Zoro, for the cosplay.
  • The costume is awesomely kick-a_s.
  • Zoro's clothing and the props to use (swords and goggle) are easy to find.
Cons:
  • The green hair.
  • Talking with a sword in my mouth.
The Challenge:
  • The green hair posed a problem but it could be covered with a black bandanna as part of Zoro's trademark costume of white T-Shirt, black pants, and a green obi (above was his gear during the Skypiea Arc, which is cooler).
  • Learning ventriloquism. (hahaha)
The Verdict:
  • My best substitute if the going gets tough. Sadly, though he's one of the most popular One Piece characters around, only few of my colleagues would recognize him for majority are Naruto fanatics, even the girls. If only they could find in their hearts that my One Piece has the best story, moral lesson, animation, and fighting sequences (pweaceeeee...).
I'll continue with the list next time, probably a day or two after this or whenever I feel lazy again.

On my future posts (clues) will be a giant robot dreaded by the former Philippine president Ferdinand Marcos and a murderous, cunning clown who loves to toy with flying rodents. As bonus, I will also feature the recipients of honorable mention awards, from the downright hilarious to the more expensive concepts of cosplay costumes. Till then, ciao!

0 comments: